Vape products are safer in our stores.
Vaping products are safer in convenience stores where identiﬁcation is veriﬁed by a clerk.
Convenience stores actively promote the practice of age veriﬁcation for adult products in our stores with our ID Please program. We have a proven track record of compliance with age veriﬁcation.
We are regulated, experienced, trusted.
Convenience stores have a proven track record as responsible sellers of age restricted products of all kinds, compared to online and vape shops. A trusted seller of products like lottery and alcohol, we maintain the same high standard for vape products.
Know the facts about vaping sales.
- Products are easily accessed online without effective age verification or through black market sites.
- Convenience stores sell only select flavours of pod-based vape products.
- Often the first time a minor tries a vape product they get it from a friend or family member.
- Convenience stores keep vape products hidden from view and adhere to strict age verification policies.
- Convenience store clerks are trained to check I.D. and do so more effectively than websites and vape shops.
We encourage the federal government to establish a framework for an evidence-based, anti-youth vaping strategy. See our 5 point plan to combat youth vaping here.